Re-targeting has become an integral part of modern digital marketing campaign whether you are doing SEO, SEM or email marketing. The idea of showing the product again and again on a various network is the key to re-targeting business.
Here are top 5 things to consider while re-targeting visitors
- Ensure You Target Products – Re-targeting has to to be pinpoint and not open-ended. Eg. When a visitor comes to your sites and leaves from a product page, you must ensure that you show ad related to that product and not of a website.
- Setting Multiple Campaign – Visitors normally surf multiple products before they buy or leave the site. As a marketer, you need to ensure track those events and display ads of those products.
- Using the right image – In display advertising, the images play a crucial role. Use the image that attracts visitor with some text like highlighting discount price or brand.
- Choosing the right Medium – Re-targeting can be done on various platforms like social media mainly on Facebook, display and text ads on websites and emails.
- Budget – Setting up the right budget for your re-targeting campaign is tricky if you are doing it for the first time. Re-targeting works on impression and not on actual conversion or clicks so as an advertiser set the right target for re-targeting ads you should not run out of the budget in showing ads.
In the next blog, we are going to talk about top online re-targeting software.